New Resident

The following utilities should be contacted when moving to or from Farmington.

City Utility Billing Set Up or Stop Services

Farmington residents and businesses are billed quarterly for utilities (water, storm water, sanitary sewer, street light and garbage). If you have questions about utility billing or you want to set up or discontinue services, visit the Utility Billing page or call Utility Billing at 651-280-6883.

Electric and Natural Gas Service Providers

Minnesota Energy Resource provides natural gas; Dakota Electric and Xcel Energy provide electric energy depending on where you live.
The Service Area Map indicates area providers.

  • Minnesota Energy Resources
    24-hour Customer Service, 1-800-889-9508
    Natural Gas Leaks, Odors or Emergencies, 1-800-889-4970
  • Dakota Electric Association
    Customer Service, 651-463-6212 or 1-800-874-3409
    24-hour Outage & Emergency Service, 651-463-6201 or 1-800-430-9722
  • Xcel Energy
    Residential, 1-800-895-4999
    Business, 1-800-481-4700
    Electric Emergency/Power Outage, 1-800-895-1999

Internet, Phone, TV, and Cable Service

(page information provided by

The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of the Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the owner of this site are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
© 2020, Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc. All rights reserved.
By searching you agree to the End User License Agreement

Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notices: The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. ยง 512 (the "DMCA"), provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any content or material made available in connection with our website or services infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the content or material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices should be sent in writing by mail to: Michael Bisping, Director of Customer Relations at Regional Multiple Listing Service of Minnesota, Inc., 2550 University Avenue West, Suite 259S, Saint Paul, MN 55114 or by email to

The DMCA requires that your notice of alleged copyright infringement include the following information: (1) description of the copyrighted work that is the subject of claimed infringement; (2) description of the alleged infringing content and information sufficient to permit us to locate the content; (3) contact information for you, including your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (4) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or by the operation of any law; (5) a statement by you, signed under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you have the authority to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed; and (6) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. Failure to include all of the above information may result in the delay of the processing of your complaint.